I met these two not that long ago. God knew what he was doing when he crossed our paths. I had previously had June 25th booked for another wedding. That wedding got moved to a different date and since that move, I’ve gotten several other inquiries for June 25th. That was my very last weekend in June available and it seemed like all the inquiries were serious but had to settle other things before they could meet with me. Then Katie and Sean inquired. We were able to get a meeting on the books right away, and they ended up reserving the date for themselves. The first thing I send clients when they book with me is a get-to-know-you questionnaire. Once I got their responses back it blew me away with how much we had in common.
- We all listen to christian music, and love United Pursuit, Christy Nockels, Hillsong, and Rend Collective
- Katie and I both have an obsession with giraffe’s. Coincidentally we are also both tall, fair skinned and blonde… if we were an animal, we would be giraffes lol.
- Sean plays volleyball… and well, you probably know by now that I also played volleyball all the way through college.
- Katie lived in Africa for 2.5 years and I took a mission trip there for 2.5 weeks. Okay, so not really the same thing, but we both have such a heart for Africa!
- Sean and I both are obsessed with Chai Tea Latte’s and Katie and I both prefer Hazelnut flavoring to our coffee.
That is a ton. It wasn’t until after I got their responses back from their questionnaire that I then got to meet Katie and holy moly… this girl is just the sweetest and the cutest and loves Jesus so much. Unfortunately Sean wasn’t able to come to our initial meeting, but seeing Katie tell sides of their story from both her perspective and what she thought was Sean’s perspective was so perfect. It was just a couple hours after our meeting convened that Sean shot me an email thanking me for the fun questionnaire and said how much he was looking forward to hearing about it from Katie. As soon as I read that email, I knew I was going to like this guy. I love when grooms are interested and involved! And when I saw them together at their UT Gardens engagement session, there was no denying that they love each other, but they love Christ more. I know that the Lord is going to use their marriage and their relationship to teach others what it looks like to have a Christ-centered marriage. I’m ever so thankful that I get to know them and serve them in this way. We are going to have the best time over the next few months!
Other posts you may be interested in:
I’m a Knoxville Wedding Photographer that loves to travel… I shoot anywhere! If you have any questions about pricing or booking with me, click here to contact me now! If you liked what you saw above, go ahead and follow me on Facebook or Instagram to see my daily updates of the latest sessions!