The Press Room Wedding
This wedding at The Press Room had so many amazing details that I just LOVE. Instead of describing them all in paragraph form, I thought it would be easier for me to go through it with bullet points.
- The gifts that Katie and Ethan gave their bridesmaids and groomsmen were amazing. Katie had these adorable felt baskets with the softest blanket, a little bath spa set, some amazing makeup, a monogrammed cup, and several other things. And the groomsmen got a yeti bucket with a personalized beer glass, an iPhone projector, and a Yeti cup. These gifts were so amazing and SUCH an inspiration going into this gift giving season!
- Katie’s dress was custom made for her. When they went to the bridal shop, the designer just happened to be there, and they custom ordered a dress from him. It fit her like a glove and had her initials in the beading on her chest. It was subtle, and I would have never noticed if she hadn’t pointed it out. Just a little detail like that made her dress even more awesome.
- The greenery circle behind them as they got married was just stunning. I know these circles are getting more and more common but I had not got to photograph one yet, and I loved it! It framed them perfectly, and I even did their first look in front of it as well as some bride and groom portraits.
- It’s totally normal for me to get every bride with each of her bridesmaids and every groom with each of his groomsmen. But it’s not every wedding I get every bride with each of the groomsmen and every groom with each of the bridesmaids. It wouldn’t necessarily work at every wedding, but this bridal party all knew each other and Katie was just as close with the guys as she was with the girls and same with Ethan. So, we did them, and it was adorable!
- They had late night snacks at their reception that were just killer. Little tiny cups of hot cocoa with candy canes in them and a little thing of marshmallows. It was adorable, and for anyone having a reception where there is more than 3 hours after dinner before your reception ends, I would highly recommend doing a late night snack.
I love The Press Room and every single wedding I shoot there! The food is always delicious, and at Katie and Ethan’s wedding it was extra delicious. They had s’mores pies, a stirfry buffet, their famous mac-n-cheese bar, salad bar, and slider bar. All four photographer/videographers showed up to our table with our plates extra full and fully replenished from a long, incredible day of documenting all the beautiful things.
An extra shout out to The Press Room coordinator, Avery. She is just a gem in all the ways and can makes every single wedding extra awesome and extra special!
I’m a Knoxville Wedding Photographer that loves to travel…I shoot anywhere! Click here to contact me with any questions you have about pricing or booking! If you liked what you saw above, go ahead and follow me on Facebook or Instagram to see my daily updates of the latest sessions!
Vendors used by Katie & Ethan:
Venue: The Press Room
Videography: Zack Hawkins Photography
Florist: Lisa Foster Floral Design
Cake: Catie Cakes
DJ: Special Notes
Hair & Makeup: Bangs and Blush
Wedding Dress: Bridals by Lori
Dress Designer: Enaura Bridal
Bridesmaid Dresses: David’s Bridal
Men’s Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
See more from Amanda May Photos: